We offer training, advice and training which will help raise your awareness of the needs of blind and partially sighted people in both work and social situations.
Our formal awareness training courses are provided by a fully qualified rehabilitation officer who works alongside a volunteer who has a visual impairment. Their combination of skills, knowledge and experience results in a thought provoking and engaging training program which can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation.
The training typically includes: low vision awareness, sighted guide techniques and demonstration, eye conditions, communication skills, aids and equipment demonstrations, practical advice and guidance.
Who is it for?
Everyone can benefit from visual awareness training, increasing understanding of the needs of blind and partially sighted people. We tailor the courses to suit the employer’s need – we have provided training for care agencies, hospitals, Social Services departments, residential homes, surgeries, schools ect
Feedback from the course
- 20/9/13 – Snowdonia National Park employee – “ an eye opening course that has given me the confidence to offer sighted guide assistance “
- 20/9/13 – “Excellent training that helps highlight the needs of Blind people”
- 16/10/12 – Gwynedd Social services – “ the course was well presented and very useful”
- 16/10/12 “ practical exercises (walking with a blindfold) raised my awareness of how much faith a visually impaired person must put in their guide”
- 16/10/12 “ having a blind tutor who was honest and open gave me the confidence to ask the awkward questions I always wanted to know”
If you feel that you or your organisation could benefit from this service, or to find out how to book a visual awareness training course please contact Dafydd Eckley on 01248 353604.